Saturday, July 9, 2011

CEREMONIES








This year I have attended some ceremonies carried out by Sangomas. At each one, at least one animal is killed and of course; eaten. The essential parts of the animal, for the work being done to have ascendancy, are the blood and bile. The flesh and organs of the animal help to feed those attending the ceremony. The blood feeds the ancestors. Even the hides of the animals are dried and used, in time.

The animals used by Sangomas must cry, thereby calling the ancestors. In fact the Zulu name for a goat means; the one who calls. Cows, goats and chickens are the ones used by the AmaZulu. When the animal cries, it is believed that, it is calling the ancestors.

I know that the animal is honoured and prefer to eat its flesh rather than that bought from butchers.

Now, I respect the traditions, rituals and ceremonies of Sangomas, but I am tired of killing animals.

There are other ways to deal with problems where an animal sacrifice is needed. Plant spirits are very real and are able to do the work of sacrificial animals. In fact it was a plant spirit who made me aware of my brother who was sharing my earth body for most of my life. He, my brother, was able to leave my body and find the light through a Reiki attunement, and not through the sacrifice of an animal. I know it worked as I miss his presence to this day.

I hope to learn more about plant and animal spirits and what they are able to do towards the healing and evolution of people. It may mean that I need a new teacher to guide me.










6 comments:

Renee King said...

Karen, Pat Walker "introduced" you to me and I was hoping to meet you last Sept when I visited SA. However that didn't work out. I'm happy for your journey and hope to meet you someday. Glad you are blogging.
Sincerely, Renee King

Karen Parkin said...

Yes, I remember Pat. I'll keep blogging and also hope to meet you some day.
Regards
Karen

Karen Parkin said...

Yes, I remember Pat. I'll keep blogging and also hope to meet you some day.
Regards
Karen

Mangwane said...

Thokoza Gogo.

Ive been reading your blog and would like to be able to contact u directly pls.

Im stuck btwn a hard place n a rock abt my decision to thwasa or not,your guidance and knowledge will be greetly appreciated.

My email address is nomondez@webmail.co.za

Unknown said...

Karen how do i get in contact with you?

Unknown said...

Hello Karen

I am also busy to Thwasa and i have to agree the funds is the most difficult part for me.